Our Mission

PLEASE CHECK OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR UPDATES

www.artistshowdown.com

Our main goal is to showcase artists that made history in the 20th century, are making history now, as well as the ones we believe will make history in years to come. We welcome suggestions from artists and art lovers. All suggestions will be considered by our volunteer panel, which is made by art dealers and curators. All selected artists will be listed on our “Fine Artists” page and only those will be considered for our 2008 Art Book. We also provide curatorial service for our artist in the cities of Miami and New York. Other services include catalogs, calendars and a wide range of promotional services. We are focused on helping artists promote their work, while they have more time to do what they know best: ART.


Fernando Ferreira de Araujo

Artist Statement:

"Born in Brazil and living in New York City sice 2003, I’ve been paiting for almost 18 years. Painting, to me, is basically an intuitive process, I always find myself guided by intuition and led by emotion. As opposed to wide and long heavy brush strokes, I used to have, I now tend to adopt more of a bleeding technique to achieve the same sensation and connection with my inner self. Even though my ongoing series has a strong link to my cultural background, New York has greatly influenced my perspective. Adopting acrylic and new ways of paintings in order to adapt represent the essence of evolution in my work without losing my identity and artist calligraphy. I see each one of my work as a surprise with its own personal and intuitive meaning. After brainstorming feelings and memories, they evolve freely and independently. As opposed to being in charge I'm almost as taken by the strokes, free, at the same time unaware of what’s coming next, being almost impossible to realize when to rest the brush."

www.fernandoaraujo.net




No comments: